Sunday, February 20, 2011

California Here I come.

Okay ton's to say in this post. Yesterday I went to Preference with Shelby Barney, and it was a ton of fun. For our day date we got together with 6 other couples and played Basketball and Spoons. Then we went home to prepare for that night; I took a nap. Since it was a girls choice dance they did all the planning. That night we went to Sierra Wises house for dinner. We had food's of the world that the girls all made. There was so much food and it was so good. My date brought the best salsa that I've ever had. Oh and since there were so many people in our group one of us had to use the plate that said YOU ARE SPECIAL TONIGHT! Guess who got it. Yep me Sierra's mom asked who was on their first date and stupidly I raised my hand. Then she took pictures of me with my YOU ARE SPECIAL TONIGHT plate; of course the camera didn't work so we took about 12 pictures with the plate none of which worked. After the twelfth picture when she went to go look for a different camera and I promptly put food on my plate so we couldn't take anymore. After dinner we took group pictures and couple pictures and played games until the dance. The dance started and Eight and we went at Nine. The dance was at Sleepy Ridge golf course. It was fun but I don't dance much so that wasn't my favorite part of the evening. Everyone at the dance saw Shelby's corsage that my dad had his florist make for me and said it was beautiful and complimented me on my good taste. Thanks Dad. They also liked my tie that matched almost perfectly with her dress. Thanks mom. After the dance we went to Angeles house another girl in my group for second desert which turned out to be crepes. They were so good she made them herself; she's French. We got home at midnight and it was a great first date.
Okay so now for my next Big adventure; on the 23rd I get to go touring with my choir in San Fransisco. The even better part is that I only had 70$ for the whole thing. I sold Fundraiser tickets to my ward which didn't make Erin Lilenquist very happy since she's also attending tour and she was going to try to sell to people in our ward. Sorry Erin! I didn't know until I had already sold 20 tickets. I ended up selling 24 tickets in total earning myself the self appointed title "Best Ticket Seller Person in the Whole World."
So anyway it should be way fun. Pictures to come from Preference hopefully. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Frank and Marie said...

Awesome 1st date. Glad you had a group that was so fun. I've always known you were special, just never had a plate to prove it. :) :D
I know you dance. Krystal posted it on the net - it was great. lol
I WANT TO SEE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!

Aunt Mary was so amazed to see you in San Fran. That is so random. It was fun for them & for you as well.
Love Forever,
Grandma Mathis

Playlist