Friday, February 18, 2011

Preference?

So the story starts a couple weeks ago when I was in the choir teacher's office talking to him about tour. One girl that was there at the time said to me "So I hear you got asked to preference." Very confused I said "Did I?" She soon after changed the subject. I dismissed it from my brain and didn't think about it until next period.
I'm sitting in Drama and all of a sudden the TA brings in this huge Men's warehouse bag and hands it to me with this big grin on her face.
So when I got home I opened a bag to find one of those big pinwheel flowers that you stick in your yard with a little card in the middle that said Preference With Me?
The flower was sticking out of a pot that had a bunch of Hershey's assorted chocolate in it. I took it out of the bag and discovered that some of the chocolates had letter's on them. O great a mind game.
45 minutes later I finally figured out that Shelby Barney wanted to go to Preference with me.
I was kind of surprised. I knew Shelby from Footloose but other that that I didn't know her that well. Now I had to answer her so I blew up a bunch of balloons that had star-bursts in them. I put a bunch of pieces of paper in the balloons too. I taped my answer to the bottom of the bag after Krystal suggested it.
I dropped the balloons off at her house and waited till I saw her the next day. Unfortunately she couldn't find my answer. I felt like such a jerk. So I just told her yes right there. So tomorrow I'm going on my first date and I'm freaking out!

2 comments:

cerrah said...

I didn't know you even had a blog. Did I?

Reading this and your post below made me really happy. Made me remember plays and music and asking to dances and all the fun silliness of being 16.

Have fun on your date! I expect a post!

Frank and Marie said...

Way to being preferred!!!
See... I told you the girls would like you if you kept singing.
I'm sure you will be (were - I guess this happened last night - right?) the perfect gentleman.
Hope you had a good time.
Love Forever,
Grandma Mathis

Playlist